Podcast: Play in new window
Justin and Jason chat with Rob Walling and Mike Taber hosts of the Startups For the Rest of Us podcast.
Today I lost my faith in Justin Vincent.
I’m following him on twitter as ‘content filter’ (among other reasons, of course), if he shares something – it’s probably good enough for me to read. Now I find out that he uses me and other followers to filter the content for him? I feel betrayed.
that was a great episode. I listen to Startups For the Rest of Us too, and something in that combo of Justin, Jason, Rob and Mike just works!
@Udi – I knew it would have that effect. I was a bit sad that Jason pressed the issue. The truth is I’ve built a great tool to find and tweet really good content. I used to manualy cherry pick until about 4 months ago when I realized pluggio was picking just as good (if not better) content than I was. Anyway, apologies about this to you and all others that feel the same way.
Justin, regarding better understanding Pluggio’s monthly growth, I suggest watching the 10-minute video “Part One: Validated Your Idea” with Eric Ries.
* Three types of growth engines.
* Means of sustainable growth.
* The two per-customer metrics you need to know push the growth.
What do you think about it?
@Justin Its not really that bad, I was joking
Most of the content you share is in fact interesting, and I thought you actually read & tweet it.
If Pluggio can do that for you, than its actually better and more time efficient for you. I’ll probably done the same
@Udi – Ok . FYI I do review all links that are posted (about 4 times a day) and delete any that I think were a bad post (but that happens quite rarely). I also do manually post stuff I find interesting on top of the automated stuff.
@Justin – I made you feel ‘sad’?
@Jason – Just knowing you makes me feel sad.
@Udi – Automation is now turned off. I’m back to manual tweeting again.
A few random things:
- Possible AnyFu competitor: http://www.officehours.tv/ – they even use ‘Sensei’ as a term on their site
- On the topic of podcasts: Back To Work, Build & Analyze from http://www.5by5.tv are both very good
- For whatever reason this panel format didn’t really work for me, the other panel shows (Amy Hoy/Patrick McKenzie, Samuel Clay/Amir) were awesome but this one didn’t have the same vibe; I think it works better when you guys treat it as a double interview instead of a discussion show with guests
- When is that node.js blog post coming out Jason? I really want to read it!
@Justin you are taking it all too hard, that’s not really that bad, I was only joking.
There’s no huge difference in quality when you manually share stories, so automation was a good decision here
@Jason look what you’ve done..
“TechZing for the rest of us” – priceless. Maybe you could try an “inception” concept where TechZing and Startups For The Rest Of Us are deeply nested inside one another. That would be awesome.